Pineapple Lime Slush is one of our favorite traditions at Christmas parties, and I'm really not sure why we have it in the middle of the cold winter. It is perfectly refreshing for a HOT summer party. It's pretty irresistible, and everyone comes back for more! Good thing it makes enough for a party! ;) Plan ahead, it does take one to two days to freeze, depending on how deep your container is.
Pineapple Lime Slush
- 3 small boxes of lime Jello (9 oz. total)
- 9 C. boiling water
- 4 C. sugar
- 4 C. more water
- 16 oz. bottle Real Lemon Juice
- 1 oz. bottle almond extract
- 2 - 46 oz. cans pineapple juice
- Dissolve 3 small boxes of lime Jello in 9 cups boiling water.
- Bring 4 cups sugar and 4 cups water to a boil. Add Jello mixture. Let cool.
- Add bottle of lemon juice, bottom of almond extract, and cans of pineapple juice.
- Place in containers to freeze (two gallon ice cream buckets work great). It will take about two days to freeze, or less time if containers are more shallow.
- To serve, shave off frozen slush with the edge of a spoon or fork and place in glasses. Pour Sprite, 7-Up, or ginger ale over top.
Be sure to Save to Pinterest for easy finding later!